The Bose FreeSpace IZA 190-HZ and FreeSpace IZA 250-LZ Integrated Zone Amplifier provides signal processing, routing, paging, and amplification for a wide range of commercial applications such as restaurants, retail stores, hospitality venues, offices, meeting rooms, lobbies, and restrooms. The integrated zone amplifier offers a variety of easy-to-use input connections (mic/line/page), input gain, output level adjustments, and operational modes. Built-in Bose FreeSpace DS 16 and DS 40 loudspeaker EQ presets can be selected for loudspeaker optimization.
The FreeSpace ZA190-HZ and FreeSpace ZA 250-LZ Zone Amplifier makes system expansion easy. Simply connect the auxiliary output of an integrated zone amplifier to the input of a zone ampliifer. The two amplifiers will function together as one system – sharing the same music and paging sources as well as master volume control. Zone Amplifiers can also be used as standalone power amplifiers with a front-end signal processor – including the FreeSpace DXA2120 digital mixer/amplifier and Panaray system digital controller II.
Key Features / Benefits
- Selectable Bose loudspeaker EQ presets optimize performance of FreeSpace DS 16 and FreeSpace DS 40 loudspeakers.
- High pass filter (40 Hz for 250-LZ; 60 Hz for 190-HZ) available for use with other passive FreeSpace loudspeakers
- Bose Dynamic Equalization circuitry automatically adjusts tone based on the output level to maintain tonal balance at all volume levels
- Bose Opti-voice automatically provides a smooth transition between music and page signals
- All setup done locally from the front and rear panels. No computer required.
- Four rear-panel DIP switches offer flexible operation modes:
- Page Normal / Bypass Master – Determines if page input source will follow the master level output or can be set at an independent output level to ensure announcements are heard.
- Output Mono / Stereo - Determines if stereo input sources will be output in mono or stereo via amplifier channels and auxiliary outputs.
- Mic Mix / Duck - Determines if front panel microphone input will be mixed in with the active music source or if the music output level will be automatically lowered when someone else speaks into microphone
- Aux out EQ / Flat - Determines if auxiliary output will have selected loudspeaker EQ present applied to it or not. Allows for optimization of FreeSpace DS 16 and DS 40 loudspeakers when used with additional zone amplifier.
- Five Inputs: two stereo line inputs, one mic/line input, one page input, and one auxiliary stereo line input.
- Input source levels can be adjusted with independent gain controls
- For simplicity, the front-panel auxiliary input features a fixed input gain for quick connection and use of connected portable consumer audio devices.
- Bose FreeSpace DS 40 loudspeaker EQ presets selectable with switch on rear panel.
- Output level (trim) controls available for adjusting individual channel outputs relative to the overall master level.
Simplified End-User Operation
- Source select and master output level can easily be controlled from the front panel
- Accessory Bose user interfaces are available for control from remote locations (Same user interfaces used with the FreeSpace DXA2120)
- Front panel allows for quick connection of hand-held microphone via Neutrik XLR/TRS combination connector.
- Auxilaiary input on front panel allows quick connection of portable audio sources like laptop computers and iPods.
- Automatically overrides selected source when a 1/8″ (3.5mm) input connector detected
- Fine tune sound with front panel treble and bass tone control knobs (+/-6 dB@ 100Hz & 7KHz)
- Amplifier outputs can also be muted remotely via a contact closure
- High- and low-impedance variants available. Choose between 1 x 90W @ 70/100V or 2 x 50W @ 4 Ohms (2 x 32W @ 8 Ohms)
- Systems are easily expandable. Simply connect the auxiliary output of the FreeSpace IZA 190-HZ/250-LZ integrated zone amplifier to the input of an optional FreeSpace ZA190-HZ/250-LZ zone amplifier.
- The two amplifiers will function together as one system – sharing the same music and paging sources as well as master volume control.
- Zone amplifier can be used to add another zone to systems using the FreeSpace 4400
- FreeSpace ZA190-HZ/250-LZ zone amplifier available for use as standalone power amplifier with front end signal processor such as the ESP-88 engineered sound processor.
- Compact, light-weight design. Place unit out of the way on a table, desk, counter, or shelf.
- Easily install single amplifiers – or two amplifiers side-by-side – in a 1RU rack with optional rack mount kit accessory.
- Natural convection design – no fan noise.